Tuesday 23 August 2016



Teaching of English  (EDU516)

Assignment  (Spring 2016)


Question # 1:
 Describe Tenses in Grammar Use?                            5/10
Ans:
Definition:
An aspect of verb which tells the time of an action is called tenses. Tenses have certain rules according to which a sentence is made.
There are mainly three kinds of tenses.
  1. Present tense
  2. Past tense
  3. Future tense
Each of present, past and future tense is further divided into four kinds.
  1. Simple (Indefinite)
  2. Continuous (progressive)
  3. Perfect 
  4. Perfect Continuous (Perfect progressive)
In this way, there are 12 kinds of tenses.
Present tenses:
1)       Present simple tense
2)       Present continuous tense
3)       Present perfect tense
4)      Present perfect continuous tense

Past tenses:
1)      Past simple tense
2)       Past continuous tense
3)      Past perfect tense
4)      Past perfect continuous tense

Future tenses:
1         Future simple tense
2        Future continuous tense
3         Future perfect tense
4         Future perfect continuous tense


Question # 2:                          6/7
What are the conditionals in Grammer use?         
Ans:
Conditional Clause and Main Clause
If I have enough money,                     I will go to Japan.
Conditional clause                              Main clause
I will go to Japan,                               if I have enough money
Main clause                                        Conditional clause
First, Second, and Third Conditional

1. First conditional:     If I have enough money, I will go to Japan.
2. Second conditional:            If I had enough money, I would go to Japan.
3. Third conditional:   If I had had enough money, I would have gone to Japan.


Conditional clause                              Main clause
1: If + Present Tense                           will + inf / present tense / imperative
a: If you help me with the dishes (if + pres),
I will help you with your homework. (will + inf)
b: If the sum of the digits of a number is divisible by three,
the number is divisible by three (Pres. tense)
c: If you see Mr Fox tonight, tell him I am ill. (imperative).
2. If + Past Tense        would + inf
3. If + Past Perfect Tense       would have + past participle
We do not normally use will or would in the conditional clause,
only in the main clause.

Uses of the Conditional
First conditional
Nature: Open condition, what is said in the condition is possible.
Time: This condition refers either to present or to future time.
e.g. If he is late, we will have to go without him.
If my mother knows about this, we are in serious trouble.

Second conditional
Nature: unreal (impossible) or improbable situations.
Time: present; the TENSE is past, but we are talking about the present, now.
e.g. If I knew her name, I would tell you.
If I were you, I would tell my father.
Compare: If I become president, I will change the social security system. (Said by a presidential candidate)
If I became president, I would change the social security system. (Said by a schoolboy: improbable)
If we win this match, we are qualified for the semifinals.
If I won a million pounds, I would stop teaching. (improbable)

Third conditional
Nature: unreal
Time: Past (so we are talking about a situation that was not so in the past.)
e.g. If you had warned me, I would not have told your father about that party.(But you didn't, and I have).


Question # 3:                                                  2/3
Write a brief note about need analysis?
Ans:
In simplest terms, a needs analysis includes all the activities used to collect information about your students' learning needs, wants, wishes, desires, etc… The process also sometimes involves looking at the expectations and requirements of other interested parties such as the teacher/teacher's aid/ tutor (you), administrators, financial supporters, and other people who may be impacted by the program (such as students' family members or employers). A needs analysis can be very formal, extensive and time consuming, or it can be informal, narrowly focused and quick. Some of resources for conducting a needs analysis may include surveys and questionnaires, test scores, and interviews.


The information gleaned from a needs analysis can be used to help you define program goals. These goals can then be stated as specific teaching objectives, which in turn will function as the foundation on which to develop lesson plans, materials, tests, assignments and activities. Basically, a needs analysis will help you to clarify the purposes of your language program

No comments:

Post a Comment